Wattpad works

11 August 2013

Daily Ambivalence - paper with lines

There's the classic question of what came first, paper with lines or the English language?

A friend of mine said that's a little like wondering if electricity came before the +iPhone. I think that's stupid. Follow my logic here: Ben Franklin discovered electricity with a kite, and everyone knows that Franklin Day Planners were a precursor to the iPhone. Hence, electricity clearly came before the iPhone.

In all that, I didn't mention the name of Steve Jobs once.

My point is, I can think of lots of uses lined paper could be put to that don't depend on the invention of the English language.

  • Making airplanes
  • Origami
  • Lighting campfires
  • Tic Tac Toe

I could go on. See, you can't just automatically state that the English language came before lined paper. Or vice versa.

Some day, someone is going to invent a time machine and the first thing I am going to do is go back in time and learn the truth of this.

Of course, once the time machine is invented, I wonder if a whole other question will arise? Like what came first, the time machine or time? Because you'll be able to go back before time, won't you?

I'll leave that for another, ah, time.

Paper with lines . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment