Wattpad works

22 August 2013

Daily Ambivalence - putting Baby in a corner

If you're in a saloon and it's the Wild Wild West, being in a corner is exactly where you want to be.

Sorry, wrong movie
I read a lot of Louis L'Amour westerns when I was a teenager so I know that. Only a greenhorn or someone with a death wish ever sits close to the swinging doors.

As a father, I take issue with +Patrick Swayze telling Baby's father that he was doing something wrong by putting Baby in a corner. How do we know that Baby didn't die a week later for the very reason that she wasn't in a corner?

You don't even have to go the Wild Wild West route to make this argument. +Dirty Dancing  wasn't a slasher movie but it did happen at a summer camp, right? Summer camp is only a hop, skip, and a jump away from slasher territory.

And who is it that always dies in slasher movies? Teenagers doing the nasty, of course.

It's been a long time since I saw +Dirty Dancing, and I don't remember if Patrick and Baby did the nasty, but I am pretty sure they dirty-danced the crap out of everything.

I think a guy in a mask holding a cleaver would be drawn to something like that.

Baby should have stayed in that corner.

Putting baby in a corner . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment