Wattpad works

09 January 2015

Daily Ambivalence - video tape rewinders

Kids nowadays don't even know what a video tape rewinder is.

Me, I can hear the sound of a rewinder as I write this, how it always started low and in control and then in the end was so frantic. It was like waiting for a bomb you wanted to go off.

It occurs to me that movies aren't as good these days, and I think one of the reasons is we don't have to use video tape rewinders anymore. Back in the day, rewinders performed the useful service of being a discriminator when it came to what people watched. You pull a video tape out of its cover and find it isn't rewound? Only the best moves didn't get put back in the cover.

For instance, last night I watched Mrs. Doubtfire.

I think that pretty much says it all.

Video tape rewinders . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment