Wattpad works

03 April 2013

Daily Ambivialence - people who are called "the talent"

If Britney Spears, a rabbi, a priest, and I were in an airplane that was about to crash and there was only one parachute between us, Britney Spears would be the one that everybody referred to as "the talent."

My wife and daughter went to a Britney Spears concert a few years ago and from what they told me, Britney Spears actually is very talented.

What I don't like is that Britney Spears seems to think she is good enough to strong arm her way into a priest and rabbi joke.


When did our society start caring about people who are rich, famous, know how to dance, and who perform before thousands wearing their sexy pajamas? Priests and rabbis perform. They perform all the time. Granted, most often the people they perform in front of are asleep, but the world's a stage, as they say (if by "they" you mean Shakespeare).


I have also done my share of performing. In third grade I played an astronaut in a class play. I remember I was flying to Pluto. I remember that I wore a leather helmet like the ones those pilots wore in WWI. The leather covering made sense to me back then, but now that I think about it, I was an idiot. Leather would have done nothing to protect me from the vacuum of space, to say nothing about alien death rays.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I probably didn't look as good as Britney Spears in black leather, but I was only nine.

To conclude, I think I have just as much a right to that parachute as Britney Spears does.

People who are called "the talent" . . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment