Wattpad works

31 May 2013

Daily Ambivalence - the streets in Disneyland are clean

The streets in Disneyland are clean.

That sounds like the first line in a song by an indie band that means it ironically.

I mean it observationally, because the last time I went to Disneyland the streets were really clean.

If I had to guess, I would bet there is a mad scientist running the street cleaning operation. He's probably self-taught in street-cleaning technology since he was too smart to pay attention in class.

He's probably on the upside of 40 because he spent his early years in some backwoods Six Flags.  As always happens, nobody understood the mad scientist's genius at first. In fact, I'll bet for a time he flirted with the idea of ditching amusement park janitation altogether in favor of a life of super crime, but then he was saved by an adorable chihuahua that showed up on his doorstep and through a series of whacky coincidences ultimately thawed his icy heart.

As an added bonus, the chihuahua got the mad scientist his first interview for the Disneyland job.

It's a timeless story. I'm glad the mad scientist didn't choose a life of crime. I wish I knew his name.

The streets of Disneyland are clean . . . eh.


No comments:

Post a Comment