Wattpad works

16 August 2013

Daily Ambivalence - various kinds of licorice

When it comes to licorice, the first thing you need to get out of the way, of course, is the way it is spelled.

Licorice has two C's in it. The first C is pronounced with a hard K sound and the second C has an SH sound.

How does that even make sense? Now I'm no English major . . . no wait, I was, but that's beside the point. I really didn't pay that much attention in school anyway, but shouldn't the silent E change the I instead of the C?

I pity those people who have to learn English as a second language.

But back to licorice. Obviously cherry is the only acceptable flavor of licorice. From there you can get creative. Licorice rope is nice because you don't have to keep putting your hand into the bag. Just one rope and you can munch for up to an hour. Well, thirty minutes. Well, ten minutes.

The problem is, it's hard to find soft licorice rope. Even fresh from the bag. I couldn't count how many times I've been in a store squeezing licorice bags like Charmin, all to no avail.

Nibs are almost always soft and perfect, but they're small and you have to put your hand into the bag repeatedly. If you're reading a book while eating licorice that can be distracting.

I found a bag of Nibs licorice rope a couple years ago and it was better than winning the lottery. Of course, now I don't remember which store I found the Nibs licorice rope in.

I'm being punished for something. Must be. Stupid karma.

Various kinds of licorice . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment