Wattpad works

11 March 2015

Daily Ambivalence - when I was a teenager my boat shoes smelled like death

It wasn't all that cool to wear socks back when I was a teenager and nobody had invented those one socks that are less than ankle socks that you can't even see when you have your shoes on. You know those? I don't know what they call those socks.

I can still remember what it felt like to slip into those boat shoes. Even if I left them out in the sun for half a day, whatever was growing in there kept the soles at a comfortable 65 degrees.

I'd probably still be wearing those same boat shoes today but they walked away one morning. I think it was a Tuesday.

I wouldn't welcome them back now. I heard they committed a double murder in Tucson.

When I was a teenager my boat shoes smelled like death . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment