Wattpad works

15 July 2013

Can't even buy a vowel

I'm in a bit of a writing slump. I'm about 90,000 words into the current book I'm writing, Theo Thwaite Had a Problem, and I still don't quite know what the conflict is. You don't think I'm in trouble on this one, do you?

Naw, I'm sure I'll be fine.

I'm always just so interested in the writing process. I'm on book number ten in my life and I still feel inadequate sometimes. Even oftentimes.

And yet I'm confident in myself as a writer. I heard an author say something at a writer's conference a year ago that I liked. The writer was +Michaelbrent Collings, and he said something like - "authors are the strangest mix of narcissism and inadequacy." That is so true.

At least I think it's true. For me at least.

Are you a writer?

Guess what?

I'm a lot better than you are.

I really don't care what you have done or published. The Internet is a big place and just about anyone could be reading this, but . . . I am a much better writer than you are.

Isn't it strange that I can feel confident about that, yet begin so many days at this keyboard with the first thought running through my head being - "You totally suck, Edwards."

I just take comfort in the fact that if I suck, you must really be bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment