Wattpad works

25 July 2013

Daily Ambivalence - 7th inning stretches

My baseball signed
by Dale Murphy
July seems an appropriate month to mention 7th inning stretches.

What with American Independence Day, baseball and apple pie are ubiquitous themes in the culture we call popular.

I wish I liked baseball better. The number of times I've actually stood up and stretched during a 7th inning stretch could probably be counted on two hands. But I am familiar with that inning between 6 and 8.

During the 7th inning stretch, fans sing a song about taking someone to a ballgame, though only the chorus. I kind of liked the 7th inning stretch until the last game I went to.


The last time I went to a game I asked the guy next to me where his peanuts were and after he looked at me weird, he dumped his beer over my head. Then he left.

That seemed rude to me at the time, but since then I have wondered if maybe he dumped the beer on my head to free up both his hands so he could go and buy both peanutes and Cracker Jack. And the game just ended before he got back.

It's a shame.

7th inning stretches . . . eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment