Wattpad works

22 January 2014

PMS - Saving Mr. Banks

If I was Catholic I would probably need to say a few Hail Marys for what I am about to do.

Yes, that's right, I'm going to say something good about Tom Hanks. This is bad because everyone praises Tom Hanks. He's like a popular version of Gandhi.

Now I'm not the kind of person who wants to be contrary just to be contrary, but at the same time I try to be a little original now and then.

Still, Tom Hanks did something special in Saving Mr. Banks. Twice.

He was great on the whole in the role of Walt Disney, but there were two scenes where he turns on the charm to try and persuade Emma Thomson's character about selling the rights to Mary Poppins.

What I thought was amazing is that Tom Hanks was already playing this pleasant, friendly, warm person, but then he just flips a switch. Suddenly he attains this charm and charisma that makes you want to have his baby, even if you don't have a uterus.

How did he do that? Both times the thought popped into my head - "This is what Disney must have been like."

Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment